Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Danger to UK Security?

Morning everyone! It's 8:45am here in London, which would make it 4:45am for all of my NB friends. I'm up to head into town to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace- I am beyond excited!

It has been crazy busy here so far- I've been doing all of the touristy things, so I haven't been able to do a daily update. No worries though, I'll fill you in as quick as possible- today will be a recap of day 1 :)

My flight to Halifax had to be the tiniest plane I have ever seen! It had 2 rows of seating and fit maybe 16 people. The flight was nice though- quick and not too much turbulence. Not to mention the 2 pilots weren't too shabby ;)

My 5.5 hour layover in Halifax went by super fast. Before I knew it I was on my flight to Heathrow. The plane was HUGE this time- there were 7 seats across and even a real first class!! It was crazy. They even gave us pillows and blankets, which I both loved and appreciated :)



I was supposed to have a window seat (exciting), but a man snagged it before I got on the plane. I didn't have the heart to ask him to move and sat in an aisle seat instead. He seemed to enjoy the window, so it was definitely worth it.

Going through customs was horrible! I didn't think they were going to let me in! I was there for like 10-20 mins and the guy was grilling me. He couldn't understand why I was visiting my 2nd cousin who has lived here for 10 years who I haven't visited before. He even made me sit down at one point before letting me continue. I was terrified! I made it through in the end, but I would like to reiterate how terrifying it was!

I jumped in the cab and headed to Melissa's once I made it out of the line of fire.


This was my cab driver- he had a sign with my name. Let's just say that I was beyond excited!
More about London after I get back from the Changing of the Guard!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment